Oh no - you missed it! But don't be blue. The Lake George region hosts plenty of events year-round, and we know you'll find something that sparks your interest. Search our Lake George events and turn that frown upside down.
Check back for details in 2022!
Dozens of hot air balloons float over the mountains at the Adirondack Balloon Festival!
Please Note: While enjoying the Balloon Festival, wearing a face mask is highly encouraged by festival organizers.
Hot air balloonists from across the United States and around the world have gathered in the Lake George Area during fall for nearly 50 years. Floating high above the majestic Adirondack Mountains is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that professional balloonists and amateur adventurers get to experience every single year.
Scroll down for an in-depth schedule and details on the Adirondack Balloon Festival's daily activities!
This stunning festival features a wide variety of hot air balloons. You'll see the typical round and colorful balloons, as well as some balloons shaped in ways you would never expect. Come out and watch these vibrant balloons take to the sky in an array of colors and decorations.
The main events of the Adirondack Balloon Festival take place Saturday and Sunday at the Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport.
On Thursday evening the City of Glens Falls Block Party takes place on Glen Street in downtown Glens Falls. Enjoy the live music, balloon baskets on display, the car show, and fun children's activities.
- All ballooning flight times including the lift-offs, Airport Moonglow, and all activities are wind and weather permitting.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED (this is for their safety and our visitors as well).
- No drones or remote control aircraft are allowed.
- Please, no smoking.
There are no events at Crandall Park this year. Apparel will not be available to purchase on airport grounds but will be available in a few pop up locations, to be announced, around the Queensbury and Glens Falls area including Thursday's downtown street party. T-shirt, sweatshirts and pins at limited quantity so get them quick!
Event details are subject to change and weather permitting. Wearing a mask is highly encouraged for all. Please visit the website for up to date information as well as links to parking routes which is extremely important as large crowds are expected.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There will be no food vendors, craft fair or exhibitors this year to assure that safety protocols are met. We invite you to visit our nearby communities for local dining, shopping and more!
Thursday's Adirondack Balloon Festival schedule
- Glens Falls Block Party - 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Downtown street party, Glen Street in Glens Falls, NY. Music, car show, balloon baskets on display & kid's activities. Event scheduled to start around 6PM. There will be no Thursday event at Crandall Park.
NOTE: Festival apparel will be available at this event, in very limited quantities.
Friday's Adirondack Balloon Festival schedule: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport-443 Queensbury Ave., Queensbury
- Gates Open - 3:00 p.m. - Gates to Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport in Queensbury, NY will open
- Balloon Launch - 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Launch of up to 50 balloons along with special shapes. All launches are weather permitting. Public and handicapped parking available, all free of charge. VIP parking available until 9/17/21 via the festival website. Specific launch time depends on weather conditions but would be between estimated between 5-6PM.
Saturday's Adirondack Balloon Festival Schedule: Sunrise Launch at Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport-443 Queensbury Ave., Queensbury
- Gates Open - 4:30am - Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport
- Early Morning Balloon Launch - 6:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. - Launch, weather permitting around sunrise, estimated around 6AM. Please note, all vehicles will have to exit the airport grounds after morning launch and return later that afternoon to attend moon glow event.
- Gates Reopen - 3:00pm - For those attending Moon Glow
- Static display of select balloons - 6:15 p.m.
- Lighting Up The Night: Airport Moonglow - 7:30 p.m. - (No launch) Features up to 50 balloons with the backdrop of the night sky. Bring your flashlights! The balloon launch is weather and wind conditions permitting.
Sunday's Adirondack Balloon Festival Schedule: Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport- 443 Queensbury Ave., Queensbury
- Gates Open - 4:30 a.m.
- "Walter and Joan's Mass Ascension" - 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. - Watch the simultaneous flight of up to 40 hot air balloons, including special shapes. The balloon launch is weather and wind conditions permitting.